Linux floppy utilities
This package contains utilities for formatting extra capacity
disks, for automatic floppy disk mounting and unmounting, etc.
The package includes the following items:
* superformat: formats high capacity disks of (up to 1992k
for high density disks or up to 3984k for extra density
* fdmount: automatically mounts/unmounts disks when they are
* xdfcopy: formats, reads and writes OS/2's XDF disks.
* MAKEFLOPPIES: creates the floppy devices in /dev
* getfdprm: prints the current disk geometry (number of
sectors, track and heads etc)
* setfdprm: sets the current disk geometry
* fdrawcmd: sends raw commands to the floppy driver
* floppycontrol: configure the floppy driver
* General documentation about the floppy driver
Note that these utilities do not work for USB floppy drives, because
there is no direct access to the floppy controller.
Generated by Doxygen 1.6.0 Back to index